Application Due: 04/24/2023
Category: Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
Working Title: Assistant Professor
Appointment Type: Faculty
The Department Agricultural Education in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences is seeking a full-time, nine-month tenure-track faculty position (100% teaching) at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong interest and ability teach courses in agricultural education teacher education. The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. Opportunities exist for optional summer employment through teaching, research grants, and other funding sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- PhD or EdD in Agricultural Education or a related field. Applicants who have finished course work and are still working on degree requirements may be considered for a conditional appointment and must complete their program within one year of the date of employment.
- Strong interest in teaching college-level courses to undergraduate students,
- Strong interest in and ability to provide academic advising to undergraduate and master’s level students,
- Interest in and ability to advise co-curricular activities including student organizations,
- Well-developed, effective oral and written communication skills,
- Documented experience utilizing technology to enhance student learning.
- At least three years’ experience teaching agricultural education in a pK-12 setting,
- Experience advising an FFA chapter,
- Experience implementing supervised agricultural experience and other forms of work-based learning in a pK-12 setting,
- Experience coordinating FFA Career Development Events or related contests,
- Documented evidence of successful teaching at the college level,
- Documented evidence of teaching hybrid and fully online courses,
- Demonstrated record of successful college level research, scholarly, or creative activity.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to apply online. UWRF will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Applicants are required to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts (highest degree earned)
- A three-part statement (upload under other document), not to exceed 3 pages, covering:
- your primary and secondary teaching interests, experience in classroom, and any evidence of successful teaching at the college level
- your agriculture education experience, and
- your applied research and scholarly activity agenda. (Other Document)
- Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience (cover letter)
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three references who can specifically comment upon your teaching ability, experience and professional preparation (references)
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Dr. James Graham, Professor and Search Chair
Department of Agricultural Education
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by April 24, 2023.
View our excellent benefits at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/fasl.pdf
We are committed to creating an educational community which enhances student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants.
UW-River Falls is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of UW-River Falls campus safety information see http://www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call Public Safety at (715) 425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault and drug/alcohol issues.